As we head into the second half of 2015, it’s worth revisiting some of the top landscaping trends before you undertake a backyard transformation at your place.
2015 Landscaping Trends
- Be unique – think outside the box, landscaping your property gives you the opportunity to showcase your individual style and it doesn’t have to be expensive. A coloured back fence, stained or painted raised garden beds, the inclusion of a noughts and crosses game on the back fence, and the list goes on.
- Edible and sustainable – gardens don’t have to be purely ornamental, they can be practical too. Consider including space to cultivate fruits and vegetables in your plans. You’ll know exactly where your food comes from and being sustainable will nourish both your body and your spirit.
- Outside rooms and kitchens – with our fantastic climate, why wouldn’t you consider this as an option. An outdoor room or kitchen extends your living space, puts you more in touch with nature and provides an excellent ‘de-stress’ zone. You can design an at-home movie area or even use the space as a ‘date-night’ escape from the kids, without having to hire a babysitter. As well as offering a better quality of life now, outside rooms and kitchens are a great investment in your property in terms of resale value.
- Outdoor lighting – simple but effective lighting can transform your garden and increase the amount of time it can be utilised. It’s also an efficient security measure for your home.
- Water features – ponds, waterfalls and other water features easily add charm and beauty to your backyard and your home. An added bonus is their ability to drown out noise such as traffic and noisy neighbours. Check with your local council before installing to ensure you adhere to all relevant water regulations.
Need some help with your landscaping?
If you have some great ideas for your landscaping but are unsure of how to put it all together, contact the team at Perth Landscaping for a quote and some advice.